Skip to content
Shabbos Test #1
1. What are the 2 reasons brought in the poskim why food must be hot in order to do Chazara? What is the Nafkah Minah between these opinions
2. What are 2 issues that the Chozon Ish has with using a metal Blech to cover the fire?
3. Name 3 different Heterim B'dieved if one transgressed Hatmana on shabbos?
4. What is the apparent Machlokes in the Rishonim with regards to using a thermos on shabbos? Why even according to Machmir perhaps one could be Makil?
5. What should one do if after placing down the Blech on Erev Shabbos he wants to turn the flame up higher? Why?
6. Shimon took his Chulent off the heat source Friday night and wants to return it. How can he Transgress an Issur Deoraysa? Derabanan? Do it in a way that is Muttar Lechatchila?
7. What is the Nekudas Machlokes between the Rishonim that disagree if there is a problem of "Chazara" even on Erev Shabbos?
State the Halacha and why the Halacha is that (short answer). If there is a Machlokes state the Machlokes
1. Sam wants to heat up his Kugel quickly so he wraps it in tinfoil and throws it in the pot of Chulent
2. Josh raised up the pot of the Crock-Pot by placing 2 TUna Cans underneath the pot, in order so he could put up his partially cooked Chulent on Erev Shabbos?
3. Can one do Chazara to a pot of food... 1. That was taken from a covered stovetop without intent and placed on a bentch? 2. That was poured into a Kli Sheni? 3. That was placed on the floor and now wants to return it to a hot plate?
4. Can one warm up Shabbos Morning Yerushalmi Kugel... 1. On top of an empty pot that was placed on top of a fire? 2. On top of a pot of chicken soup that was directly above a fire? 3. Inside the cylinder of a Crock Pot?
(Bring Down clearly in your own words the Sugya from the source till the Halacha L'maaseh)
Can one place a pot of food that is half cooked over a fire on Erev Shabbos?
© 2020 Virtual Halacha Program. All rights reserved. Web Design by